Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
The Redwood Scar Sequel?
UPDATE 5/27/2015

I have gotten quite a bit accomplished. Dredging my poor memory, I've been able to resurrect a large amount of the original information (plus some new stuff). Here's what I have so far:
  • Main plot outlined (4 parts)
  • A new PC-playable power group aligned with the Church of Blackmoor: the Order of Blue Skies (Ordo Caelum)
  • 3 villains statted out
  • Temporal scar statted out (legendary creature at that)
  • A number of maps (roughly 1/3 of the final total)
  • A full town completed
  • 2 major heroes statted out (1 we are all very familiar with)
  • 3 new creatures: giant-kin, temporal wisp, and a surprise
  • 2 exciting mini-game encounters (1 at the end of Part 2, the other near the end of Part 4)
  • 2 new kinds of magic: temporal magic and bloodrune magic
  • The final dungeon, plus all encounters

It will be at least a month (end of June/beginning of July) before I can honestly see this being completed. However, I now turn to the fans and ask, "what would you like to see?" Are there special encounters you'd like to experience (a chase scene, another maze, or something totally off the wall)? Drop your comments and suggestions in here and I'll try to work with each of you to add something to this module.
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer
Conceptually - but that might depend on your venue of publication, I'd like to see a strong connection to the first part of the adventure: Might not be that it read so to you, but RS was always an "Elven" adventure, and my own exploits always lead the party deeper into the Elven realm. While I understand that your take was different, that's what I'd like to see most.

Also, perhaps a nod at a certain crew of online creepers would like to be referenced.. Have me be some sort of Arctic monkey god, or something. :wink:
Raphael Pinthus Wrote:Conceptually - but that might depend on your venue of publication, I'd like to see a strong connection to the first part of the adventure: Might not be that it read so to you, but RS was always an "Elven" adventure, and my own exploits always lead the party deeper into the Elven realm. While I understand that your take was different, that's what I'd like to see most.

Also, perhaps a nod at a certain crew of online creepers would like to be referenced.. Have me be some sort of Arctic monkey god, or something. :wink:

This adventure is most definitely elven in tone, but on a MUCH larger scale. You will be pleased.

As for your second request, young arctic monkey god, granted. Raphael Pinthus may not be a monkey god, but the Church of Blackmoor definitely appreciates his abilities. Confusedhock:

On to another question: Side quests are a typical encounter type. As a nod to history (both in game (825 NC) and to Dave), how about a mass combat/skirmish type series of optional side quests in Part 3? Thoughts?
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer
-_- A monk, Jeff? You are making me a monk?! That monastery, ahem, not going to be a very good monastery. Except for the following of the Blackmoorian version of Dionysos, ifyaknowwhatImean.

I talked to some from my old group, though - our RS-campaign that begat Gawaine from the LFC finished in 2005 - and they'd love to see Kalen, an NPC you created for "Ties That Bind", and that was a mainstay in our games ever after, make a return, if possible.

Mass combat sounds fine, actually something that I'd liked to see in BM d20 even more. It's hard to sell to my players that one lives in a world of constant warfare - but that there are no wars.
Great cover!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Raphael Pinthus Wrote:-_- A monk, Jeff? You are making me a monk?! That monastery, ahem, not going to be a very good monastery. Except for the following of the Blackmoorian version of Dionysos, ifyaknowwhatImean.

I talked to some from my old group, though - our RS-campaign that begat Gawaine from the LFC finished in 2005 - and they'd love to see Kalen, an NPC you created for "Ties That Bind", and that was a mainstay in our games ever after, make a return, if possible.

Mass combat sounds fine, actually something that I'd liked to see in BM d20 even more. It's hard to sell to my players that one lives in a world of constant warfare - but that there are no wars.

Not a monk. Trust me. You'll be cool (until you die in Act III :twisted: ).

Kalen "da Snitch of Maus"? Unfortunately, he won't be makin' in dis 'ere adventure. But, I'd be suren to be puttin' him on da short list of beloved mooks for da next one. :wink:
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Beloved Mook" totally needs to be a title around here..... :wink:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Don't inspire me to do stuff that Havard later needs to scold me for... :twisted:
UPDATE: 5/29/2015

Here's a preview of one of the maps going into the adventure. Just a little piece of a single dungeon map. Enjoy!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer