Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Elf Realms of Blackmoor (Map)
Aldarron Wrote:The curse, IIRC prevents the dark elves from having children, so it has to have occured within the elvish lifespan, and Havards time-frame makes sense.

Thanks! Yep, the lifespan bit is a result of the curse. It is unclear to me whether the other troubles facing the elves are also a result of the curse, or perhaps a result of the Black Queen's attempts at removing it?

Quote:On the sub-race thing:
It only stands to reason that elves in different woods would have distinctive practices to some extent - just, for example, as different Peshwha tribes do - but that doesn't make them any less westryn or cumasti, IMHO.

Agreed. "Sub-race" was a poor choice of words on my account. Rather than a subrace I meant to say that they are distinct enough from the general Westryn to give them a separate entry. Your comparison to the Peshwah is appropriate IMO.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
In practice, the Cumasti are in the Redwood and the Westryn everywhere else?
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:In practice, the Cumasti are in the Redwood and the Westryn everywhere else?

Pretty much. Although there are many smaller woodlands that aren't controlled by either elf nation. The Cumasti are a single realm, while the Westryn are scattered, smaller woodland kingdoms united by the Black Queen.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
Havard Wrote:True.
There is a woodland north of Jackport called Potter's Down. For some reason I seem to recall Cumasti elves living there. Do anyone else recall anything about that? Could be a reference from Ties that Bind or the Redwood Scar...

-Havard

Anyone know anything about Potter's Down?

-Havard

Oh here it is Havard:

"Elven Lands of the East:
Most Cumasti live
in the Forest Kingdoms of the east.
These lands are made
up of the Elven Forest and three smaller
forests. The four Forest Kingdoms of the
East are Redwood Court (located in the Red Woods, with
its capital city of Ringlo Hall), Potter’s Down (found in
Potter’s Forest, south of Dirk’s Cove), the Noris Kingdom
(located in the Noris Wood, south of the Root River and
north of the Crystal Peaks), and the Wurmthrone (found in
the Wurmwood, west of the Black Hills and south of the
Regent of the Mines)"

Campaign Sourcebood p 15. (also in the 4e book)
Håvard, is your elf realms map available anywhere other thank Flickr, so I don't have to have an account to download it in full size?
Greg Wrote:Håvard, is your elf realms map available anywhere other thank Flickr, so I don't have to have an account to download it in full size?

Hi there!

I didn't realize you needed an account to get the full size file. I will upload it to this site later today.

-Havard
Did you manage to upload the map file somewhere here? The strange thing about Flickr is that it was saying that the map is adult content, and that's why an account was required. Wow, I wonder what the elves have been doing in those forests? :lol:
Greg Wrote:Did you manage to upload the map file somewhere here? The strange thing about Flickr is that it was saying that the map is adult content, and that's why an account was required. Wow, I wonder what the elves have been doing in those forests? :lol:

Ahem. They don't call the elf princess Lotsa for nothing. Why do you suppose there are so many Half-elves in Blackmoor... Big Grin
Sorry it took me a while. Made a bigger map for you here:
Elflands of Blackmoor (Large)

Aldarron Wrote:
Greg Wrote:Did you manage to upload the map file somewhere here? The strange thing about Flickr is that it was saying that the map is adult content, and that's why an account was required. Wow, I wonder what the elves have been doing in those forests? :lol:

Ack yeah. At one point Flicr designated all of their content as adult and I have to manually turn each one back to non-Adult for what I uploaded before this feature was added.

Quote:Ahem. They don't call the elf princess Lotsa for nothing. Why do you suppose there are so many Half-elves in Blackmoor... Big Grin

LOL!

-Havard