Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dave Arneson's "Island of the Wolf"
In the interview in Space Gamer, Dave Arneson also mentions various projects he was working on back in 1979. One was an adventure called Isle of the Wolf which was to be published by Judges Guild.

Has anyone heard of such an adventure? I'm assuming it was never finalized, but I am still curious if it was submitted. I do notice that JG did publish various Island books. Could this adventure have been rolled into such a book? Also, I wonder if it could have been based on adventures from the original Blackmoor campaign?

Finally, the similarity to the title "Age of the Wolf", which was to be the Blackmoor subsetting for 4E is worth noting...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Got some interesting input on this topic from Aldarron over at Finarvyn's forum:

aldarron Wrote:I think, and this is only my impression, the "isle of the wolf" though unpublished, is part of that font of story material that Dave would relate to the writers working on the DAB line. I have suspected that Isle of the Wolf may have formed the basis of the wolf wood.

That is not a bad theory. If it is true, it proves that Dave had more of an influence over the ZGG Blackmoor line than some would suggest.

I could see the Wolf Wood description working well for an island with that title. Makes me wonder what came first. Did Dave originally create the Wolf Wood that way and then try to turn it into an island adventure, before reverting it to its original Blackmoor form?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign