Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
City Maps: Archlis
Dave L Wrote:Hmm. James Pren, a character with whom I have a passing aquaintance, comes from Archlis. Smile

I shall be interested to see any more material on this location.

Interesting! Do you have any details from James' background that could be fit into the map? Maybe like the Pren family mansion or whatever? Smile

RobJN Wrote:Back cover copy, still in draft, but suitable teaser material, I hope....

Loving this Rob! I especially like the references to things like the bridge on the Erak road etc.

BTW, if you want to work in more about Skelfer's background into this project, my idea is that Skelfers old secret study was located where Coudtop is today. It only makes sense that today's most powerful wizard, Robert the Bald, would build his stronghold where he discovered the White Mage's study.... 8)

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:
RobJN Wrote:Back cover copy, still in draft, but suitable teaser material, I hope....

Loving this Rob! I especially like the references to things like the bridge on the Erak road etc.

BTW, if you want to work in more about Skelfer's background into this project, my idea is that Skelfers old secret study was located where Coudtop is today. It only makes sense that today's most powerful wizard, Robert the Bald, would build his stronghold where he discovered the White Mage's study.... 8)

-Havard
I'll make note of that, most likely as one of several rumored locations of Skelfer's lab...

Of course, if Cloudtop IS the true location, then the PCs have the mighty task of enlisting the aid of Robert the Bald. Or trying to break into his tower... :twisted:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Havard Wrote:
Dave L Wrote:Hmm. James Pren, a character with whom I have a passing aquaintance, comes from Archlis. Smile

I shall be interested to see any more material on this location.

Interesting! Do you have any details from James' background that could be fit into the map? Maybe like the Pren family mansion or whatever? Smile

James' family were fishermen, but James preferred the forest. He had two brothers who both worked in the family business, but I didn't flesh things out more than that.

He became a ranger because of his love of the forest, and left home at 19. His father was a moderately succesful fisheman owning his own boat, but his family was definitely not one of the influential ones. When Sarah's merchant father found out about their blossoming relationship, he was less than impressed and shipped his daughter south to get her away from him. "No daughter of mine is going to marry a stinking fisherman!"

So, no family mansion to go on the map, I'm afraid. Smile
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:He became a ranger because of his love of the forest, and left home at 19. His father was a moderately succesful fisheman owning his own boat, but his family was definitely not one of the influential ones. When Sarah's merchant father found out about their blossoming relationship, he was less than impressed and shipped his daughter south to get her away from him. "No daughter of mine is going to marry a stinking fisherman!"

So, no family mansion to go on the map, I'm afraid. Smile
I don't suppose you have a name for the father's fishing boat..?
Rob
I didn't get that far into his family background - how about something like 'Sea Harvester'?
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox

Archmage's Legacy, part 1: A Wrath Born of the Sea Wrote:Trade with Archlis, usually brisk with the lifting of the mantle of winter’s ice and snows from the North, has trickled to a halt. Ships are giving up on the southern spur of the Crab Coast, turning around to take the long way ‘round to Maus.

A mid-spring’s storm blew in off the Northern Sea, sank its teeth into the coast, and settled in to see about drowning the Dancers.

Two week’s steady rain stretch into a third. Ships that tried to leave port found the winds turning against them, tearing sails where it didn’t tie them in knots, and sending ships too close to the shallows and reefs for their captains’ comfort.

And now, the latest news is that the Channel Bridge on the Erak road has washed out -- no small feat, as the wide stone bridge was a gift from the dwarves, sealing an alliance from the old days after the Mage Wars.

After the first week’s nonstop rains, jokes in the taverns were all of “Ellierre’s pent -up tears” (some mentioned other, unsavory fluids), finally spilling from her centuries-old duel with the White Wizard.

After two weeks, nobody was laughing.

As the third week draws to a close, what was once spoken of in jest is now talked of in tense, hushed whispers, quickly followed by the closed-circle warding against Evil’s Eye.

How much did this project progress?
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Hi Havard, how about a proper map of Heronport?
In the MMRPG (where this place was twice an adventure background) there is a hand drawn sketched map, but nothing like yours.
Yaztromo Wrote:

How much did this project progress?
.... still a bunch of notes :oops:

When I strike it rich, and can retire to my private island to live the life of luxury, maybe then I'll have time for all these projects crammed into my head......
Rob
I'll keep my fingers crossed, then... Wink
Yaztromo Wrote:Hi Havard, how about a proper map of Heronport?
In the MMRPG (where this place was twice an adventure background) there is a hand drawn sketched map, but nothing like yours.

Sure why not? Smile

How many episodes feature Heronport?

Do the later episodes add new buildings and locations I should add to the original map baseline?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign