Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
City Maps: Vestfold
tarlyn Wrote:Thanks Rob. I think I'll make it up. This being Ravenloft, something in the city might be missing in its transfer from Blackmoor to the Demiplane........ :twisted:
:twisted:

Make it your Vestfold. Only develop what you need.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
tarlyn Wrote:Know this is rather late from everyone else, but Havard turned me onto this thread. I had some questions about Vestfold. I have procured the campaign sourcebook.

1031 is the date.

The reason why I am seeking knowledge is I am going to be running a Ravenloft campaign and going to incoprorate Vestfold into the land of the mists!

Havards map is great. Seeing as I know little to nothing about Blackmoor, even though I played in Rafael's campaign, Rob's campaign and Havards I know next to none
about it.

Any helpful insights or advice would be greatly appreciated. The campaign will start in August right here on this site. Its title is The Hunters.

Thanks for the compliments! Smile
This sounds like its going to be a great campaign!

As Rob says, make the city your own. Since it is a Ravenloft version, that is an even bigger reason for things to be different.

Still, here are a few facts about the Blackmoor version of Vestfold:

1) It is the second largest city in the North (after Maus) and politically the most important one.
2) It has historically been the capital of the region (Seat of the Earl) and while Blackmoor City is now the official capital, it is still an important meeting place for the Regency Council.
3) It is the seat of the Wizards Cabal
4) The Thieves Guild plays a large role in controlling day-to-day affairs of the city.
5) Vestfold has been around since before the Mage Wars and was considered "neutral ground" at that time.

Some locations from the map:

Tower of Mages: Center of the Fortress of Ardenn, this is the base of the Wizards Cabal.
The Citadel: This is the meeting place of the Regency Council. Probably formerly the Palace of Earl Ra-All the Wise.
Circus Hill: Home of the famous Fairwind Circus
Tonnisborg: This fortress marks an early settlement of the region. The fortress was constructed by House Zvenzen.
Abbey of Fitz: This area is Church-land, but also adds to the City's defences.
The Guild District: Home of craftsmen, but also of the notorius Thieves Guild of Vestfold.

Notable Characters
Miklos Haruska aka Old Slyboots: Leader of the Vestfold Thieves Guild. Works to undermine the Regency Council.
Ursula Zov: High Spellwise of the Wizards Cabal
Mengal Torerdyn: High Spellwise of the Wizards Cabal
Kyoryl Maloune: High Spellwise of the Wizards Cabal
Veda Sonrean: High Spellwise of the Wizards Cabal
Col: The Clockwork Inquisitor. Agent of the Wizards Cabal.
Stur Nigby (Kyorl's friend, minor character)
Nakaniel Kingson aka Big Nake: Ringmaster of the Fairwind Circus
Flying Pembice Brothers: Erling Emson and Tolman Ocklam, two Circus performers
Delalsia the Unflinching: Dwarf female warrior, in charge of security at the Fairwind Circus

Historical Characters
Skelfer Ard: Founded the Wizards Cabal and the Fortress of Ardenn
Earl Ra-All the Wise: Former earl of Vestfold (diseased).

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I answered Havard in pm, but in effect, yes, I will fit Vestfold to my Ravenloft. Any of you that will follow my game will see that.
[Image: Karl.png]
Thora Stormblade Dwarf of Clan Stormblade
Tales From the Vales
Ben "Doc" Perdue Human Bodyguard
The Throne of Stars
I used a software generated city map. I kept regenerating it until I got the amount of water and orientation I wanted, here is what I came up with. My original map is a 19MB bit map, but I saved it to a .jpg file to bring show here. The docks were added with Microsoft paint. Note there is no island nor bridges as I interpreted the DA1 map at face value of scale, meaning the Barleycorn River looks to me like a channel that must be about 5 miles wide.

I'm attempting to upload the image to this reply but it doesn't seem to take.
Tracy Johnson
BT

NNNN
Seeing as I have difficulty uploading the map picture, I'll use the IMG method below:

[Image: Vestfold.jpg]
Tracy Johnson
BT

NNNN
Great map! Thanks for sharing it! Smile

tmjva Wrote:I used a software generated city map. I kept regenerating it until I got the amount of water and orientation I wanted, here is what I came up with. My original map is a 19MB bit map, but I saved it to a .jpg file to bring show here. The docks were added with Microsoft paint. Note there is no island nor bridges as I interpreted the DA1 map at face value of scale, meaning the Barleycorn River looks to me like a channel that must be about 5 miles wide.

I'm attempting to upload the image to this reply but it doesn't seem to take.

I've been a bit lazy with the scale of things. The added islands in the river were included mainly because I wanted to have people be able to ride/walk across bridges to the other side. Also, during the discussion someone suggested that the island in the middle could be the site of Tonnisborg, a town created by Greg in the original campaign and placed roughly where Vestfold is. I loved the idea of being able to use that concept in another way that just saying it was another name for Vestfold.

Also, in my version, the Abbey of Fitz becomes added to Vestfolds defenses.

-Havard
In Losing Focus (adventure set in Vestfold, included in The Wizards'Cabal book) you can find the Brown Bottle Tavern and Inn mentioned at page 82. Perhaps you want to add it somewhere Wink
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:In Losing Focus (adventure set in Vestfold, included in The Wizards'Cabal book) you can find the Brown Bottle Tavern and Inn mentioned at page 82. Perhaps you want to add it somewhere Wink

Great find Yaz!

New version coming up!

-Havard
Revised version:

[Image: 41155554115_f6a9370ec3_b.jpg]

-Havard
In the same ZGG game supplement, at page 89, you can find three shops mentioned (Polished Paragons, Jewels and Gewgaws and The Thaumaturgy).
You may or may not want to add them to your map.

In the following page you can find the Belly Wash Tavern, that sounds more interesting Wink

On page 92 you can find another shop called Spellbinding Scripts, on page 93 there is Skinny’s Shrouded Scrupulous Store, on page 96 there is Tomes, Texts and Manuscripts. Once again, I'm not sure how much you want to add them to your map, but that's up to you.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.