Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
The Sar Aigu Ritual
ripvanwormer Wrote:Also, you can't get fresh dfjrti root outside the Dimension of Nightmares.
that's a shame that is common to my local store as well... :mrgreen:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
[Image: 180px-Fish_Man.jpg]
Looks fishy... Wink

Actually, this makes me think about the relationship between Froglins, Sar-Aigu and other Fish/Frog-like creatures.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I had the same thought...
What other creatures and races are there that might be connected to the Sar Aigu? Merfolk and Froglin/folk of course.
Rafe had the idea of having the Viridians from the Wilderlands be related to the Sar Aigu.

Ripvanwormer once suggested that Shark-Kin from Mystara are descended from the Sar Aigu as well.

I would perhaps prefer to have regular Mere-folk out of this bloodline, or perhaps only distantly related.

Froglin could be related to the Sar Aigu, or they could simply be the second attempt by the Frog God to create a servitor race.

-Havard
Yeah, for the LFC, the Viridians and the Sar-Aigu were one and the same.

As early as 2004, I wrote an article linking Blackmoor and the City State's of the World Emperor in their ancient history, for a Necromancer Games forum contest.

Essentially, the Viridians, by Judges Guild canon, miss a prince... Guess where he went. Smile
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:Yeah, for the LFC, the Viridians and the Sar-Aigu were one and the same.

As early as 2004, I wrote an article linking Blackmoor and the City State's of the World Emperor in their ancient history, for a Necromancer Games forum contest.

Essentially, the Viridians, by Judges Guild canon, miss a prince... Guess where he went. Smile

Interesting!

IMC I have it the other way around. Some Sar Aigu appear in the Wilderlands and found Viridistan some time after they are chased back into the waters away from Blackmoor. Smile

-Havard
Interesting, IMC The Temple of the Frog held the remains of a Sar Aigu at its deepest levels plus other creatures from that era. St.Stephen felt compelled to resurrect this ancient being or attempt to recreate it like he did the froglins. I put this as the Frog Gods influence on ST.Stephen though my players never found this vat holding the growing Sar Aigu.

What other races have been mentioned? I'd love to play more with the Sar Aigu and their descendants or experiments.
Freedom92 Wrote:Interesting, IMC The Temple of the Frog held the remains of a Sar Aigu at its deepest levels plus other creatures from that era. St.Stephen felt compelled to resurrect this ancient being or attempt to recreate it like he did the froglins. I put this as the Frog Gods influence on ST.Stephen though my players never found this vat holding the growing Sar Aigu.

Loving this idea! I posted something more about this in a separate thread here.

Quote:What other races have been mentioned? I'd love to play more with the Sar Aigu and their descendants or experiments.

Canonically very little. The connection to the Temple of the Frog is mentioned in Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor (The only source on the Sar Aigu IIRC).

Fan ideas:
Viridians (Wilderlands race)
Shark-Kin (Mystara race)
Sahaugin: The Sar Aigu are technically Sahaugin anyway.

Did I miss anything? Smile

-Havard