Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
D6 Fantasy with Blackmoor
Havard Wrote:
Option Wrote:Thanks for checking in Jeff and don't give up. Reading about the next edition of D&D has gotten me in the mood for some role playing but I'd much prefer to get my fix with a good fantasy D6 system. Even though I think the next edition is shaping up to be a vast improvement over 4e, it is still D&D with its clunky ridgid mechanics (relative to D6) and I'd like something that allows for a more cinematic gameplay.

D6 Fantasy is still out there, available as a free download. I would love to see some good Blackmoor conversions for it. Are you up to the task Option? Smile

-Havard

Ha! It's funny you should say that. I already own a hardcover copy of D6 Fantasy and was actually beginning to toy with the idea of building my own game from it. I was thinking that if I'm tired of waiting for Destiny6 then I should quit whining about it and build my own.

I'm hesitant to commit however since I've tried to build a D6 system in the past and found it to be a lot more work than I expected. I designed the setting, rules, 4 races, and character sheets for an urban fantasy/horror game before I burned out. I have a lot on my plate right now and trying to be better about choosing what I spend my time on instead of trying to do everything and accomplishing nothing.

Split from: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1108&p=17372#p17372
I split this into a separate topic. I think the key to successful conversion projects is to actually play a campaign with the new system/setting. Many are hesitant to start a campaign before the conversions are done, but I think just jumping into it, establishing a few details in advance and then filling out details as you go is much more motivating.

With D6 Fantasy and the Creature Collection, you already have a bunch of stuff. The races of Blackmoor arent really that different from races in other standard fantasy settings are they?

One might want to convert the unusual races though, like the Docrae. Also, some elements like the difference between Sorcerers and Wizards could be handled mechanically if you want. In my BECMI game I cheat and simply use the same rules, but establish that by setting there are two ways to learn magic.

What else needs coversion?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign