Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dungeon Crawl Classic RPG Blackmoor?
Just an update...

Word I hear is that the FRAWGS adventure is nearly done and should be hitting RPGNow and other PDF merchants in 2-3 weeks, with printed versions soon after. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
Here, to compliment your frog fetish:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaeru_no_T ... ne_wa_Naru

Available as abandonware, and legally. Play it, it's awesome. :wink:
finarvyn Wrote:Just an update...

Word I hear is that the FRAWGS adventure is nearly done and should be hitting RPGNow and other PDF merchants in 2-3 weeks, with printed versions soon after. 8)
Another update to FRAWGS: I was allowed to see a prepublication version of this and offered feedback. I think it's an awesome adventure and a lot of fun. Not too many pages, in the classic 1970's TSR style, and easy to run.

Should be hitting the presses very soon.....
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:Another update to FRAWGS: I was allowed to see a prepublication version of this and offered feedback. I think it's an awesome adventure and a lot of fun. Not too many pages, in the classic 1970's TSR style, and easy to run.

Should be hitting the presses very soon.....

Awesome!

Keep us updated on this Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I finally picked up this RPG. For some reason most Amazon affiliates would not ship this book overseas so it has been unusually difficult for be to obtain a copy. Man this book is huge! Love the art work, much of it a nod to the AD&D 1st Edition days. The game feels a bit quirky (which I believe is intentional!), but there are a lot of great ideas in it.

Does anyone else have any experience with this game? Smile

-Havard
I've stolen chunks of it for my own personal game, most notably the rules for character creation (players get a pack of 3-4 Lv 0 characters and the ones who survive their first adventure advance to Lv 1).

As much as I really wanted to like it, as a whole I just didn't quite grok it. But there are definitely some great ideas and its worth a look.
Moved this to the Bleakwood forum, now that it has been repurposed as a General Rules Discussion forum.

Aegir Wrote:I've stolen chunks of it for my own personal game, most notably the rules for character creation (players get a pack of 3-4 Lv 0 characters and the ones who survive their first adventure advance to Lv 1).

As much as I really wanted to like it, as a whole I just didn't quite grok it. But there are definitely some great ideas and its worth a look.

I think this is how I will use the DCC RPG as well. It has lots of great ideas to steal from and mix and match into ones favorite version of D&D. In fact I am beginning to think that way about editions in general. Each and every one is a set of somebody's houserules and if I am going to be happy with something I have to make my own mix.

Back to the DCC RPG though, I really love some of the art work in there. They have gotten back some of the true masters and that alone made it worth buying the book Smile

-Havard
I really wish I had the money to buy the license for Blackmoor.

I think something like a pure fluff Blackmoore hardback book with a line of separate Blackmoor books for each of the popular role playing games would do well.

The Freeport setting has this treatment and is wildly popular around these parts for just that reason. No matter what game your group changes to (or tries out) the much beloved setting is there for a backdrop.

DCCRPG Blackmoor

Pathfinder Blackmoor

13th Age Blackmoor

Savage World Blackmoor

If it was done this way I could see Blackmoor being a major player in pretty much every rpg forever!
Mythlym Wrote:I really wish I had the money to buy the license for Blackmoor.

So, why are you wasting your precious time here?!?! :?:
Go immediately to work and make money!!! :mrgreen:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
DCCRPG Blackmoor