Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
The Hello Thread!
Good to see your introduction posted David! Smile

I think a Blackmoor Wiki would be interesting, and it is something we have discussed on the Regency Council as well. I think our main focus at the moment should be on this forum, but if others want to set up a wiki, they definately have my support!

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Not everyone understands how wonderful the FFC is, so its cool to hear that this is what turned you onto Blackmoor. What was it about this amazing book that really made you like the setting? Smile

It was the rules that I saw in the book that made me purchase it, the massive campaign running information. Here was a campaign where the players built and developed, vikings and horse nomads raided, monsters and tribes migrated, so did fishermen and farmers, and tourists came - it all seemed so alive.

I love the idea of player characters spending money to build inns and roads, building ships and trading... and epic scale war. The guidelines in the FFC promote a campaign world that changes and develops over time.

Back then I hadn't read Chainmail, so a lot of stuff didn't make sense to me. A couple of my old groups had always been inclined to wargames (using various rules, many many homebrewed), and the FFC provided us with a template for setting up huge conflicts that spanned years of game time.

Through re-reading the FFC again and again, the characters grew on me. The EGG of COOT is wonderful! And Marfeldt the Barbarian! And Sir Fang! I've always been inclined to allow players to be villains, and here was a book that showed me the first Dungeon Master allowing players to be balrogs and vampires. Very exciting stuff.

In building and running my own settings, I have used much what the good Dave Arneson set down in this mighty tome. Big Grin

Alfred
Havard Wrote:Hello Rob!

Hehe, there is certainly room for suggesting improvements to this place. Curtains you say? Wink

Maybe you could share some of your ideas on Blackmoor derived from Thorn's Chronicle with us? Smile

Havard

Hmm. I'd love to do just that.... but that would be giving things away! Confusedhock:

Still, there are some bits and pieces already up and running on my homepage that could certainly go for some expanding and such...
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
RobJN Wrote:Still, there are some bits and pieces already up and running on my homepage that could certainly go for some expanding and such...

Cool, will check that out! Smile

Havard
Everyone eventually asks, so here are the ranks:

Serf - 0 posts
Peasant - 10 posts
Yeoman - 25 posts
Freeholder - 50 posts
Aristocrat - 100 posts
Chancellor - 200 posts
Monarch - 400 posts
Emperor - 600 posts
Immortal - 2,000 posts
Enlightened One - 3,000 posts
[Image: Hrrd1c.png]
I guess this is the place to say hey-dee.

So... hey-dee! Finally dragged her by Rafe... er I mean signed up! Smile Good to see familiar faces!!

Be well!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Welcome aboard! Smile

Havard
Hoping to make Peasant soon!
rredmond Wrote:Hoping to make Peasant soon!
Well, it is good to see you haunting our site!
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign