Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Poseidon?
From Greg Svenson's First Dungeon Adventure:

Greg Svenson Wrote:Then we found another staircase going down, so down we went. We wandered for a while on this level. Then we came to a room with the fallen statue of Poseidon with trident in his hand.

Who would be the best equivalent of Poseidon in the updated ZGG version of the Blackmoor Pantheon?

I'm thinking Mwajin/Hydros (I consider them two names for the same deity).

I wonder what that statue was doing in the dungeon? Brought down there by Chaotics so they could defile it?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:From Greg Svenson's First Dungeon Adventure:

Greg Svenson Wrote:Then we found another staircase going down, so down we went. We wandered for a while on this level. Then we came to a room with the fallen statue of Poseidon with trident in his hand.

Who would be the best equivalent of Poseidon in the updated ZGG version of the Blackmoor Pantheon?

I'm thinking Mwajin/Hydros (I consider them two names for the same deity).

I wonder what that statue was doing in the dungeon? Brought down there by Chaotics so they could defile it?

-Havard

The dungeon is not a "defined" evil dungeon, but is just a long time abandoned dungeon (a dangerous dungeon, but not an "evil" dungeon) where some evil creature found refuge.
The dungeon is also pretty close to the sea, so a statue of Poseidon (or Protius, or whatever other sea god is most appropriate in this setting...) is not so out of place, after all... or not?
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
True.

Mwajin or Hydros seem to be the deities from the ZGG line that are most similar to Poseidon/Protius. Alternately it could be a Sar-Aigu statue...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Alternately it could be a Sar-Aigu statue...

This. Smile
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:
Havard Wrote:Alternately it could be a Sar-Aigu statue...

This. Smile

agree!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.